By Terez Hartmann
Raccoons could be seen as a definite “poster child” for thriving, sensitive creatives!
A Familiar Friend
I had made some decisions and decided to take BOLD action.
Though I had to summon a bit of courage at certain points, the prolific explosion of my creative flow was proof positive that I was on my path.
I was, indeed, stepping into new territory, both personally and professionally. I discovered my core tribe and community and, with each new step forward, I could feel my soul rejoice.
One day last week, I felt inspired to look out the window while working on my laptop, and what did I see? Another raccoon! *
“Why ‘another’ raccoon?” you ask. Since I started the journey of creating our new YouTube Channel, community, brand, and music-related adventures, it seemed as if EVERY time I turned around—especially when new, good things were flowing—one or more of these stripe-tailed furballs would make an entrance, as if to add an exclamation point to my moment!
*By the way: If you look closely, you’ll see several raccoon “photo bombs” in our “Good Vibe Fire Tribe” intro video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFXiro-ktps
Needless to say, I simply HAD to delve deeper into the good vibe teachings and messages of raccoons—especially as they applied to “sensitive-creatives;” it’s a tribe I have discovered that I am VERY much a part of, comprised of peeps who thrive when being creative and who feel life in “ultra HD” (with great passion and intensity).
Though I already had a working knowledge of indigenous “raccoon wisdom/medicine,” what I discovered on this particular day made it clear that I had indeed been visited by what could be seen as a definite “poster child” for thriving, sensitive creatives!
Here are a few life coaching tips from our friendly neighborhood raccoons, along with five little-known factoids and findings:
→Focus onward, upward, and forward to explore the new!
- Raccoons are prone to curiosity and adventure, love to explore new territory, and can travel up to 18 miles to seek out new resources! And that’s without using Uber or Lyft!
→Get your hands into something GOOD that feeds your spirit, use your talents and skills, and remember to savor LIFE!
- Raccoons’ hands are extremely agile, dexterous, and have four to five times more sensory cells in their paws than a typical mammal. They can actually get an image of what an object is without even looking at it, and they like to get their hands in water to heighten their sense of touch and overall enjoyment.
→If you keep your mind and heart open, there is always a path to be able to THRIVE.
- Raccoons are masters of adaptation, are incredibly intelligent, and know how to work with the resources of the moment to thrive in virtually any environment. Rather than run and hide away when the humans came to town, they found new ways to live long and prosper to the MAX!
→If you continue to move toward what really matters, life will continue to support you.
- Raccoons’ parents are awesome coaches and patient teachers who will help reposition their babies MULTIPLE times until they can climb on their own! I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that their theme song is “Whatever It Takes” by Imagine Dragons.
→Allow the full expression of your personality and unique gifts.
- Raccoons’ “masks” aren’t there to hide some deep, dark secret; they are simply markings that help them identify each other—much like our facial features, personality, brand, or artistic style!
The Bottom Line: Life Coaching—Raccoon Style!
Isn’t it awesome to see that time and time again, life sends the perfect coach and messenger? Here’s to embracing the new that is calling YOU, expressing and sharing YOUR many unique talents and superpowers for good, knowing that there is always a path to what truly matters to YOU, and to having the courage and audacity to truly, fully THRIVE—for the benefit of ALL.
Terez “Firewoman” Hartmann,“Your catalyst for all things Fab-YOU-lous,” is the author of Allowing Your Success!, a proud contributing author of Transform Your Life! book one and two, a professional Keynote Speaker/Workshop Facilitator, Singer-Songwriter/Recording Artist, “Allowing Adventures!” & “Savor Vacation” Facilitator, and true Renaissance Woman, and Visionary. She keeps her fire lit by embracing and promoting a lifestyle of “Allowing,” and by using creative expression to elevate and ignite the human spirit, a passion that she shares with her husband, soul-mate and creative partner of over 15 years, John Victor Hartmann. Together they share “Allowing TRUE LOVE” workshops and experiences designed to help others attract, allow, and maintain extraordinary relationships, and create custom jingles and voice-overs in their studio, THE Creativity Express. Visit: http://www.TerezFirewoman.com.