By Mark Pitstick, MA, DC
Nutrition Response Testing is one of the most powerful tools you can use to address imbalances in your body and stay healthy.
Your body has an inner wisdom that knows just what is needed to reach optimal health. This “innate intelligence” has been recognized by various cultures across time. You can look, feel, and be your very best when you work with this inner source and heed its counsel.
Wouldn’t it be nice to communicate with your body and get “yes” or “no” answers about what problems or stressors are causing imbalance? And wouldn’t it be wonderful to be able to precisely and accurately determine what is needed to address those imbalances?
Enter Nutrition Response Testing (NRT), a personalized nutritional analysis and treatment program. I’ve always searched for the very best ways to be optimally well, and NRT is a quantum leap in that regard. NRT is one of, if not the most powerful, healing approaches available today.
It’s quite a challenge to determine exactly what is at the core of a person’s problems. There are literally hundreds of possibilities that can cause common physical and “mental” ailments that keep people from feeling happy, healthy, and energetic.
NRT allows us to accurately and safely analyze the primary causes of imbalance and dis-ease. These core causes can include:
- offending foods (GMO, non-organic) and food allergies
- immune imbalances: overgrowth of viruses, bacteria, yeast, or parasites
- EMF: electromagnetic fields from “dirty electricity”
- excess chemicals due to the 2,000-plus chemicals we’re exposed to daily
- toxic metals from numerous sources in everyday living
- skin trauma—from surgery, injury, IVs, shots, body piercings or tattoos
- deficiencies of minerals and vitamins and other vital nutrients
- chronically poor diet that prevents a healthy body and mind
- lack of digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid, good bacteria and yeast
- poor lifestyle habits
NRT uses subtle muscletesting by a licensed health care provider to determine if any of these underlying causes are interfering with normal health and body function. If an organ is already stressed, weak, or imbalanced, applying pressure over the organ or a reflex point will temporarily cause a brain-muscle disconnect. That’s what causes a strong indicator muscle to go “weak” and how your practitioner can identify imbalances safely, accurately, and inexpensively.
Muscle testing, when skillfully used by a trained practitioner, provides very accurate feedback from the body. This communication tells what your body needs and what the priorities are for regaining wellness.
How it Works
As you know, if a person is in danger of freezing to death, his or her innate intelligence knows to send more blood to organs essential for survival—the brain and heart especially. Blood moves away from nonessential areas like the hands and feet. That’s why the extremities can freeze, but the person’s core temperature keeps him or her alive.
Similarly, your body’s inner wisdom knows how and when to conserve energy. Here’s how it works with muscle testing:
Let’s say your liver is stressed, imbalanced and weak. Applying pressure over the liver dermatome—the skin area associated with that organ and that receives the same nerve supply—causes ischemic stress (stress due to pressure on the small blood vessels near the surface of the skin.) That puts more stress on an already stressed organ. The body responds by temporarily diverting energy from a strong area, the middle deltoid muscle, to the liver. That’s why a previously strong indicator muscle temporarily goes weak. It’s your body’s way of confirming that the liver needs help.
After an evaluation, a personalized nutrition program of whole food supplements, a real whole-food diet, and optimal self-care habits is recommended. Over a period of months, most people are amazed at how great they feel, especially when their lab results reflect the inner feelings of wellness.
Here are some testimonials from actual patients who gave permission to tell their stories. I share these to help you understand how amazingly resilient and self-restorative the body is when you get rid of the “bad things,” give it the “good things,” and stay with the program consistently.
- I lost 40 pounds and have more energy than I’ve had in 20 years!—Jim Sowers
- I use to take a lot of medication for blood pressure, thyroid, neuropathy, blood sugar, cholesterol, and multiple sclerosis. Now I don’t take any meds and all those problems are fine. My multiple sclerosis symptoms of 15 years are gone!—Tom Johnson, R.N.
- My energy level is more like it was 30 years ago.—Rev. Evelyn Bott
- I used to have 25 symptoms. After doing the NRT program, I lost 55 pounds and all my symptoms are normal.—Howard Woods, Jr.
- For the first time in 25 years, I am pain free! And best of all, my recent lab work all came back normal.—Ida Kennedy
- Within two weeks of changing his diet and taking whole food supplements, my four-year old son Isaiah’s diarrhea, eczema and “social anxiety” are gone!—Karen Krivak
- At age 4, my son Carson was very delayed in his development. The specialists thought he was autistic or had a severe language disorder. After just eight weeks, Carson has great eye contact, can sing more than 15 songs, can say some of his ABCs and can count to 10. He plays with other children, doesn’t hide in a corner by himself, and talks more and more every day! He couldn’t do any of this before.—Sarah McCloskey
Symptoms that have responded well to NRT include: depression, fatigue, tremors, overweight, anxiety, insomnia, constipation, diarrhea, allergies, sinus drainage and congestion, memory loss, cold hands and feet, facial twitches, rectal itching and burning, indigestion, night sweats, hot flashes, tender breasts, PMS mood swings, muscle cramps, sweet cravings, bad breath, brain fog, shakiness, skin rash, acne, irritability, dizziness, nervousness, panic attacks, ridged and split nails, frequent colds and flu, asthma, visual disturbances, sneezing attacks, joint pain, hair loss, urinary frequency/urgency/incontinence, high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, imbalance/vertigo and heart arrhythmias.
If you’re suffering with one or more of the above symptoms and think you’ve tried everything, don’t give up. Consider adding this powerful tool to your regimen so your body/mind is optimally well and on a similar wavelength as your spirit. That allows your essence to shine through brightly always and in all ways—no matter what is going on around you.
Author’s note: Check the website www.unsinc.info (click on “Find a Clinician”) at the bottom of the home page) to find a practitioner in your area.
Mark Pitstick, MA, DC is an author, master’s clinical psychologist, holistic chiropractic physician, frequent media guest, and webinar/workshop facilitator. He directs The SoulPhone Foundation and founded Greater Reality Living Groups. Dr. Pitstick can help you know and show—no matter what is happening to or around you— that your earthly experience is a totally safe, meaningful, and magnificent adventure amidst forever. Visit http://www.SoulProof.com for free articles, newsletters and radio interviews with top consciousness experts.