Nothing builds confidence, strength, trust and belief in your business and life more than your own personal experiences of synchronicity.
Like any entrepreneur and business owner, I’m certainly no stranger to lists and action plans, but I have noticed more often than not that even the most calculated strategy pales in comparison to the perfect-place-with-the-perfect-person-at-the-perfect-time-type outcome that ALWAYS occurs as the result of synchronicity.
- After a string of “character-building” romantic partnerships and doing what I needed to do to “get out there,” when I think back on how I met my husband, there is no way I could have arranged the details any better! I was singing at an outdoor bar during a time he happened to be driving by with the windows rolled down! Or when and how our first kiss went down: It was utterly magical!
- After “pounding the pavement” over several weeks and getting way too close to “rent due” day, I was offered a five-night-plus per week music gig that came to me via a phone call my musical partner received at the end of a show around 2a.m. I was even asked if I could start THE NEXT DAY! Talk about an answered prayer!
After my husband and I decided it was time to welcome a new feline friend into our home, we visited several adoption centers and sent countless e-mails to breeders to no avail. One day, a kitten literally showed up on our doorstep and made herself at home—just after we had jokingly said, “Perhaps a kitten will just be dropped off on our door step.”
- After spending countless hours and many weeks researching multiple publishing options, Staci B., the editor I had just started working with, just-so-happened to connect me with a publisher (which at the time I did not even know existed!). This person believes that authors should maintain creative control of their work, is incredibly flexible, beautifully like-minded, phenomenal with follow-through, passionate about my book, and truly the IDEAL fit for me! Once again, synchronicity totally trumped all of my best efforts!
The fact of the matter is that each of us has our own collection of stories that have played out in our lives and, when we really pay attention, it is amazing to note that synchronicities can even occur on a daily basis! HOW do we open ourselves up to deliberately experiencing more of these occurrences? Here are some of the things I’ve discovered in my own journey:
- Use The Power of AUTHENTICITY: Go to the heart of your desire. Sometimes we get too caught up in that which we think will lead us to what we want, rather than focusing on the big picture and end result of what we’re really searching for. Don’t get fixated on a specific job, opportunity, or client and make THAT the goal, when what you’re really looking for is a feeling of security, enjoying what you do with your time, and/or having the kind of income and time that allows you to live a life you love. When you focus on the heart of your desire and make THAT your goal, you open yourself up to the IDEAL vocation situation.
- 2. Use The Power of TRUST: Replay “The Trust Tapes” by recording and revisiting your own evidence.
In the book, ALLOWING Your Success!, I discuss two ways of Allowing success which are:
- feeling good, and
- believing it is possible for YOU.
Though there are many great stories and examples of synchronicity in action, nothing builds confidence, trust, and belief more than personal experience. Monthly, weekly, or even daily, take a few minutes to write about times that synchronicity and great results happened when you were simply enjoying your journey. By doing this, you get to revisit the good feelings you experienced (meaning you get to feel good NOW!) and compile evidence that reinforces the belief that synchronicity (and hence, having what you really want!) IS possible for you! Feeling good AND believing is 2-for-2 when it comes to Allowing YOUR Success, baby!
- Use The Power of HARMONY: Stay in integrity with your current belief/strategy—for now. When it comes to experiencing synchronicities and ALLOWING your success, it is an overall good move to stay in integrity with your current beliefs and follow through on a strategy that makes sense to you right now. I’ve noticed that when I feel that I really do need to do “x” to get “y,” NOT doing ”x” or doing something else that doesn’t feel feasible to me rarely nets good results. In those cases, I go ahead with my strategy, but keep myself open to the possibility that the things I truly want can come to me in a multitude of different and more joy-filled ways. When I compare the two it is easy to see that keeping an open mind is well worth the trade-up:
Can be fun
Mixed bag—people plan, God laughs!
|Ease and flow!
Always the perfect place, perfect time, perfect people, etc.!
All about enjoying the journey!
Success in business or any other area of life all boils down to some variation of ENJOYING the journey. When you allow yourself to enjoy NOW, live deliberately, and open yourself up to events and connections that make life feel like the awesome, magical adventure it was meant to be, isn’t that the stuff that true success is made of after all?
Perhaps there’s even a little synchronicity at work right now…
Terez “Firewoman” Hartmann,“Your catalyst for all things Fab-YOU-lous,” is the author of Allowing Your Success!, a proud contributing author of Transform Your Life! book one and two, a professional Keynote Speaker/Workshop Facilitator, Singer-Songwriter/Recording Artist, “Allowing Adventures!” & “Savor Vacation”Facilitator, and true Renaissance Woman, and Visionary. She keeps her fire lit by embracing and promoting a lifestyle of “Allowing,” and by using creative expression to elevate and ignite the human spirit,a passion that she shares with her husband, soul-mate and creative partner of over 15 years, John Victor Hartmann. Together they share “Allowing TRUE LOVE” workshops and experiences designed to help others attract, allow, and maintain extraordinary relationships, and create custom jingles and voice-overs in their studio, THE Creativity Express. Visit: http://www.TerezFirewoman.com