You have a miraculous body. You possess a powerful mind with rich emotions. You are a timeless being of energy/spirit/awareness.
Your essence/soul/consciousness is visiting earth because of the many exquisite opportunities for service, adventure, growth and enjoyment. Further, your essence came into this world clearly knowing that:
- life on this planet would be difficult at times
- you have everything you need to meet all life’s challenges/changes with style
- when balanced, your body-mind helps your inner light to always shine brightly
- you have special gifts to share and purposes to fulfill
- assistance and guidance from Universe/God/Source is always available
- your time on earth is a totally safe and magnificent adventure amidst eternity
You are a wise, infinite, special and powerful being. Irrefutable proof—clinical, scientific, religious/spiritual, and firsthand experience in nature—clearly shows that your essence came from the Light/God/Creative Energy. When your physical body dies, your real self will return to its Source.
While on this planet, you can remember this and live accordingly—including optimal self-care—or not. Whether you do or don’t greatly affects the quality of your earth-journey.
Please re-read the information above and let all that settle in for a moment. Then, take a deep breath in and out and consider the following question.
Given this vast and varied evidence, do you think that your consciousness/energy/spirit came to earth to:
A.) Be depressed, fatigued, overweight, in pain, overwhelmed, disappointed, sad, unsuccessful and inactive? And then, after a life that falls short of your dreams, to move on after a death that few people notice or care about?
B.) Be happy, healthy, energetic, peaceful, successful and fully engaged in a rich, purposeful life? And then, after living the life of your dreams, to move on while others say “Bravo! Well done! We’ll miss you greatly but we celebrate your graduation and look forward to seeing you again!”
If you chose (A), maybe you should read the above again. But if you picked (B), you can you make that your reality.
So, looking back at your time on Earth to date, how are you doing so far?
Has your life been more like (A) or (B)? Or, has it been some of each and you want it to be much more like (B)?
During your short time visiting this planet, you can be awakened and clearly remember who you are, why you’re here, Who always walks beside/inside/all around you . . . and live accordingly. You can fine-tune your body-mind and enjoy the greatest life you have imagined.
And that, my friend, makes all the difference in whether your experience on earth will be like hell or heaven, a sad failure or a successful victory, like (A) or (B).
If you really want, you can be radiantly well now and always. You can deeply know and show your magnificent nature as part of All That Is. You can fully and vibrantly participate in the miracle of life every moment—no matter what is going on around you.
Let me explain . . .
Again, you are an eternal being who is visiting this planet for a very short while given the span of eternity. While on Earth, your five senses indicate that you are just your physical body but, in truth, you are much more than that.
Here are a few facts that indicate how little of reality you can actually perceive with your five senses:
- most humans use less than 1 percent of their brain capacities
- much of your brain’s function is inhibitory, that is, it limits what you can sense
- if all the existing light and energy—what life is ultimately comprised of—were the size of Mt. Everest, your five senses only can detect a portion the size of a golf ball
At the same time, the universe is amazingly vast on a macro scale:
- approximately 200 billion stars like our Sun exist in our galaxy, the Milky Way
- about 100 billion galaxies exist within our known physical universe
- physicists theorize the existence of multiple universes and dimensions, an ever-expanding cosmos of matter and energy in the totality of all that exists
To get a sense of just how awesome and huge life is, view photos taken by the Hubble spacecraft. Most astonishing to me are the nebulae that release pod-like structures, each with the potential to spawn new star systems. Amazing.
(Don’t worry, the science lecture will be over shortly, but this information is vital for you to make sense of your earth-experience. The exciting news? The same energy and intelligence that births new worlds also courses within every cell of your body.)
Now, let’s go the other way, on a micro scale:
- your body’s 15 trillion or so cells each have smaller components (organelles)
- these, in turn, consist of molecules, atoms and sub-atomic particles (protons, neutrons, electrons) that are made of even smaller particles (quarks, etc.)
- if the nucleus of a hydrogen molecule were the size of a marble, its single electron would be ½ mile away; that’s a lot of space amidst seeming solidity
- upon closer inspection, the smallest particles have properties of both a wave and a particle, existing as an interplay between energy and matter
What’s all this have to do with self-care and optimal wellness? Well, everything.
Until now, you have most likely been looking at reality through a very small pinhole in a seemingly impenetrable wall. You have only seen a minute fraction of the completeness of life, but it’s all you could see so you thought that’s all there is. With that limited vision, you may mistakenly have thought that you and your loved ones die—that you could ultimately fail—that life was cruel and chaotic—that God, if any such Higher Power existed, was impotent, uncaring or asleep at the wheel.
Fortunately, there is much more to life than meets the eye. And none of those limiting beliefs are true. Modern science and ancient spiritual traditions now agree that life is, most fundamentally, comprised of energy and light that is ever-changing but never-ending.
And, if you’ll recall, that’s what you and everyone else really are: indestructible beings of energy and light. The implications of this knowledge for personal and global change are immensely far-reaching and powerfully transformative.
Yes, I know, no matter how well you live, your physical body will die someday. Even Jack LaLanne passed on at age 96. But—and this is a big but—optimal self-care is your best strategy for enjoying the greatest quality and, probably, quantity of life. And, more importantly, when the temple of your soul is balanced, you can best realize and reflect your inner light, even to the moment of death and beyond.
You’ve heard the old saying, ‘When you die, you can’t take it with you.’ That’s true except for a few exceptions: when you pass on, you take your consciousness with you. (You also take all the love you gave and received.) Your energetic state is the direct result of your past thoughts, words and deeds. So tuning up your body-mind benefits you here and now and in the next page of life’s never-ending saga.
Mark Pitstick, MA, DC is an author, holistic chiropractic physician, clinical psychologist, frequent media guest, and workshop leader who helps you know and show your magnificence in body, mind, and spirit—no matter what is going on around you. Visit his websites at www.soulproof.com and www.radiantwellness.com for free radio shows, e-mail newsletters, and articles. Contact him at email@example.com to schedule Soul Proof Experience workshops for your church/group and ask him your toughest questions.